Posted: October 6, 2022
Seeking Mariculture Grant Technicians Passionate about Partnerships and Growing Alaska’s Mariculture Industry
Organization Description: Established in 1958, Southeast Conference’s mission is to support activities that promote strong economies, healthy communities, and a quality environment in the Southeast Alaska region. As the state designated Alaska Regional Development Organization (ARDOR) and the federally recognized Economic Development District for the region, it is the responsibility of Southeast Conference to provide the economic development strategy for Southeast Alaska. An updated strategy is created every five years and reported on annually.
Opportunity Background: Southeast Conference was recently awarded $49 million through the Economic Development Administration’s (EDA) Build Back Better Regional Challenge program to support the state’s growing mariculture industry and bring together a coalition of stakeholders who will work together to maximize the benefits of this historical funding opportunity for Alaska’s economy, environment, and communities. The Alaska Mariculture Cluster proposal, lead by Southeast Conference, includes activities supporting the industry through workforce development, research and development, marketing, green energy, and innovation and technology. Southeast Conference is looking to build a team of quality individuals excited about mariculture and interested in being on the ground floor of this historical investment. Southeast Conference’s role as lead entity will require significant coordination supporting project partners, deepening relationships and prioritizing trust-building with rural and indigenous communities throughout coastal Alaska.
Job Description: Southeast Conference is looking to hire 1-2 full-time or ¾ time Grant Technicians to support Southeast Conference’s role in managing the 7 projects included in the Alaska Mariculture Cluster. Visit www.alaskamariculturecluster.org for additional information on project descriptions and partners. The Grant Technicians will provide general administrative support coordinating schedules, organizing a variety of board meetings and conference planning, financial reporting support, and other projects as assigned.
Job responsibilities may include but not be limited to the following:
- Interfacing with project partners to gather required financial documentation for reimbursements, equipment purchases, contracts and other financial
- Regularly update excel budget tracker for each subaward recipient implementing the 7 projects
- Provide administrative support including scheduling, website maintenance, note taking and support for Governance Committee meetings and other meetings lead by Southeast Conference.
- Provide scheduling and other administrative support to Southeast Conference’s Chief Financial Officer and Mariculture Project Manager.
- Other duties as assigned.
The Grant Technicians can be full or ¾ time grant-dependent positions fully funded for the four-year life of the grant, with potential for extension if funding is available. Southeast Conference offers the option of a balanced onsite/offsite workplace and a competitive benefits package.
Benefits for full-time employees include but are not limited to:
- Competitive personal leave, medical, and retirement programs.
- Nine paid holidays.
- Flexibility around remote and in-office hours.
- Office space available for Juneau-based employees.
Positions reports to Southeast Conference’s Mariculture Project Manager.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Grant management and/or equivalent project management experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Background in accounting or other equivalent finance work
- Self-motivated with excellent time-management skills and attention to detail
- Excellent communications skills and capacity to facilitate collaborative work and new partnerships
- Ability to assist at the administrative level through familiarity with virtual meeting platforms, google/outlook calendars, and other virtual information-sharing platforms
Compensation and Benefits
|Position Title:||Grant Technician|
|Salary or Hourly||DOE|
|Location:||Juneau preferred but open to other locations within project region (Aleutians, Kenai Peninsula, Prince William Sound, Kodiak, Southeast Alaska).|
|Anticipated Start Date:||Fall 2022|
How to Apply:
This position is open until filled, and applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
To apply, send an email to Juliana@seconference.org with the subject line “GT – [YOUR NAME]”. In the email, please include the following as a single PDF attachment:
- Your resume
- 1-page cover letter explaining your interest in the organization and position
- Contact information for three professional references.